5.8.08

Slowly getting back up

Jun 23 3:40:25
Jun 30 3:46:37
Jul 07
Jul 14 3:41:26
Jul 21 3:38:20
Jul 28 3:40:23
Aug 04 3:34:11

Those predicted marathon finishing times – based on my current training – are just horrible and the hot and humid Florida summer doesn’t do much help either.
At least I’m getting faster again each week and getting my weekly mileage back up.
Last week I ran 50 miles for the first time since my injury. I’m doing a lot of stretching and yoga and try to do core training twice a week. I don’t really like crunches and abs work in general, but I think it’ll help my running.
I also have to watch my pace more carefully once I start marathon training again on Sept 13. I’ll do recovery runs really slow, but look to get in good fast tempo runs.
If I can run the Arizona Rock’n’Roll Marathon in 3:09 in January I can still hope to get faster to at least qualify for the Olympic Trials in 2012. That would probably be a more realistic goal than running in the Olympics themselves. Or I just run for a country that doesn’t have many good female runners…

1 Kommentar:

Die Erleberin hat gesagt…

Hi,
from what I saw in your blog, you seem to be reeeeally ambitious. Predicted marathon times are good for nothing, so keep your head up! Congrats on your ideal Boston Marathon and good luck for the 3:09 endeavor.
Greeds,
42.195k ;-)